There are various diseases and bone discomforts that a person suffers from, and knee pain is one of the most common issues found among people of all age group. For middle-aged to older people, knee pain is a very common form of illness that takes a toll on their lives. And if not treated on time, it may lead to serious problems like arthritis. If you are a resident of a city like Bangalore, you may have heard about the knee rehab exercises which is expanding to the nation at large.
While a knee specialist in Bangalore will help you to get rid of the pain medically, there are better ways to cure the pain at its earlier stages. This includes knee rehab exercises, which mostly aims at increasing the flexibility of the muscles, providing strength and control. These exercises, on the other hand, reduce knee pain, get rid of stiffness and weakness, and fight against instability. In some places, knee rehab exercises come with an advanced programme offering better workouts to fight against knee problems. So, here are a few knee rehab exercises that will go a long way to keep you fit at your knees.
- Chair squats: The main purpose of chair squats is to provide necessary strength in your knee. However, this exercise needs to be done perfectly so as to achieve the best result out of it while any incorrect movement may cause otherwise.
- Squats with weight: This exercise helps to provide knee strength and to get rid of the pain. It basically aims at the hamstring, buttock muscles, etc.
- Lunge back: It is one of the best knee rehab exercises that increase quads strength, knee strength and makes the hamstring stronger. It also increases the control over your knees.
- Hamstring stretches: It is rather applicable for the people who are slightly overweight and have a problem in fast movements. It can be performed simply sitting on a chair and leaning forward with a straight leg. This mainly increases the strength of the hamstring.
- Calf rising: This rehab exercise can be performed by older people who have difficulty in movements. A person would only need to stand straight facing the back of a chair and then lifting their body as high as possible. It helps to increase knee strength, hamstring and buttock muscles.
- Knee roll: This helps to strengthen your buttock muscles, hamstring and knee. Knee roll exercise can be performed by people of all age and body weight.
- Leg deadlift: It can be done by standing on one leg and slowly lifting the other from behind. It will improve the balance and control of your knees.
- Prone Straight Leg Raises: Lie for your belly together with your legs directly. Tighten the muscles for your backside and the hamstring of one leg, and raise towards the ceiling. hold three-5 seconds, decrease, and repeat. Do 10-15 lifts and switch aspects. you can upload ankle weights as you gain power. You shouldn’t experience again ache. in case you do, restrict how excessive you elevate up. If it nonetheless hurts, stop and talk for your medical doctor.
- Heel twine Stretch: Stand facing a wall along with your unaffected leg ahead with a mild bend at the knee. Your affected leg is instantly and behind you, with the heel flat and theft pointed in slightly.
• Maintain both heels flat on the floor and press your hips forward toward the wall.
• Preserve this stretch for 30 seconds after which loosen up for 30 seconds. Repeat.
- Hip Abduction: Lie in your facet together with your injured leg on pinnacle and the
backside leg bent to offer guide.
• Straighten your pinnacle leg and slowly enhance it to forty five°, maintaining
your knee directly, however not locked.
• Preserve this position for 5 seconds.
• Slowly lower your leg and relax it for 2 seconds. Repeat.
Also Read: How to Keep Our Bones Healthy?
However, make sure that the knee rehab exercise are performed according to your age and type of your body. For best results, start with slight movements or warm-ups so as to avoid unnecessary pain and discomfort. Mild pain is normal when you exercise. Also, check the time when you are going to follow it and schedule a strict routine. Generally, the best time of exercising is morning.
These exercises can be ideal for people who have just started to experience pain in their knees while for a more mature pain, you should check for the orthopaedic hospitals in Bangalore to avoid any harmful risks.