If you own a car you must have always thought of going on a long road trip, right? A road trip is a very fun and thrilling experience to indulge in and you will be able to get a much-needed break from your daily routine. India has some of the most beautiful roads through which you can drive your car and enjoy the beauty of nature. But amidst all the thrills and fun of planning a road trip, you must also focus on a car insurance. It is absolutely unpredictable whether your road trip will be full of fun or difficulties. When you are on the move you would want everything to be on the safe side. So getting your car insured will improve your chances of avoiding critical situations.
What Exactly is a Car Insurance?
A car insurance policy is a financial deal between you and the insurer which covers you if you face a financial problem. In return, you will have to pay a premium for it. The premium of a car insurance depends on a lot of different factors and is required to be paid by the policyholder. Age of the vehicle, a model of the car, location, the capacity of the engine etc. are some of the factors which influence the premium.
Major Types of Car insurance plans
- Third party liability insurance covers only the injuries which a person may suffer from in an accident but it will not provide any safety to the car.
- Comprehensive insurance always provides extended coverage in different situations including personal accident or self-vehicle damage and theft.
Why You Need a Car Insurance?
The benefits of car insurance are of different types and are provided to the people based on the kind of policy they have purchased. Here are some important reasons why you should get a 4 wheeler insurance.
- The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 has made it a mandatory requirement for all car owners to make sure that they have a car insurance. Driving your car without an insurance is an offence. So make sure you have a car insurance policy before driving on the road.
- A car insurance is a lot like a health insurance which will provide you with financial support if you face any injuries or damage to other members of your family, who can be involved in an accident. So a financial backup during such time is very much helpful for a recovery from the crisis you might be facing.
- Other benefits of getting a 4 wheeler insurance include Key Replacement Cover, Protection for No Claim Bonus (NCB), Engine Protection Cover etc. All of these can be of great help when you are on a road trip.
If you are looking for car insurance policy first time here are some key tips to keep in mind.
- Before opting for the policy research more on its terms and features. Compare car insurance plans, get in touch with their representative, read reviews of customers who have taken the insurance from the provider to get clarity and know more about lender’s credibility. When you opt for reputed and experienced insurance provider you may avail benefits like cashless repairs on your car, 24/7 claim assistance, custom add-on covers so you can make the most of your car insurance cover.
- Check out discounts and deals offered by the insurance provider.
- Inquire about payment methods towards the policy. This is important so you know the easiest and quickest way to pay towards your premium without getting into any default.
So here are the reasons because of which you must get a car insurance for your car. You can search the Internet for car insurance comparison which will allow you to view the policies of the agencies side by side and give you a much better decision making an idea. Many people also buy car insurance online because it is more convenient than the offline methods.
Final Verdict – if you have read out article till this point then you are now aware of differences in information on why you should get a insurance before a road trip. Make sure you compare and contemplate of all the policies that you have come across with and choose the perfect car insurance for a road trip.