Are you planning a day-out near Pune city in Maharashtra? You can enjoy a variety of events on a one-day trip near Pune. There is something for everyone, whether your interests are in nature, history, or just sightseeing.
Pune and neighboring surroundings provide a wide range of experiences to suit different tastes and preferences, from historical wonders to serene getaways and exciting city life. Pune has so much to offer for an excellent one-day trip.
In this complete travel guide, you will get to know about how to spend a one-day trip near Pune, the famous weekend getaways to visit near Pune, and book the best pune tour package on MyFlightTrip.
How to Plan a One-Day Tour Near Pune?
Following are the basic steps to plan your one-day trip near Pune-
- First decide your preferences, like what kind of experience you want such as nature sightseeing, adventure, relaxation, or other.
- Plan according to the number of people joining, like are you going solo, or with friends, family, or your partner?
- Now pick a place based on your preferences.
- Choose a place not too far away from Pune for a one-day trip.
- Plan your trip schedule considering travel time.
- Make a list of your things to do during the tour.
- If you’re driving, make sure your vehicle is good to go. If not, check bus or train schedules.
- Check the weather
- Begin your trip early in the morning so you have more time to enjoy.
Popular Weekend Getaways Near Pune
There are many famous weekend getaways to visit near Pune-
Khandala & Lonavala: Khandala and Lonavala are ideal destinations for couples looking for a romantic getaway near Pune. These picturesque hill stations offer breathtaking views, lush greenery, and scenic spots and are located just a short drive away from Pune.
Kamshet: For a more offbeat experience, go to Kamshet, it is well-known for its paragliding adventures and the breathtaking Sahyadri range scenery.
Mulshi Lake and Dam: If you are looking for a relaxing picnic spot in Pune then Mulshi Lake and Dam provide a perfect setting. It is a beautiful site to unwind amidst nature’s beauty.
Pawna Lake: Located 52 km away from Pune, Pawna Lake is an excellent weekend escape. It is very popular among young adults for lakeside camping activities near Pune city.
Lavasa: Lavasa is said to be the first planned city in India. Modelled after the Italian town of Portofino, Lavasa is known for its peaceful ambiance and serenity.
Kambre: Kambre is a small village situated on the banks of Andhra Lake. It offers an unusual wilderness encounter.
Tourist Places to Visit in Pune
There are many famous tourist places to visit in Pune-
Shaniwar Wada: Shaniwar Wada is the most popular tourist site in the city of Pune. It was built in the year 1732 on 625 acres of land and it served as the Maratha Empire’s capital building.
Aga Khan Palace: The Aga Khan Palace is a tourist attraction in Pune city built by Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan. During the Indian freedom movement, this palace has served as the prison for Mahatma Gandhi and his close associates.
Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple: The Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple is a famous pilgrimage site in Pune. The temple is believed to be the one of the oldest temples in Pune. A large number of pilgrims visit the Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple every month.
Rajgad Fort: Rajgad fort was the first capital of the Maratha Empire under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji. It is an ancient hill fort formerly known as Murumbdev located at a distance of 54 kilometers from Pune.
Parvati Hill Temple: Parvati Hill Temple is one of the most scenic sites to visit in Pune, Maharashtra. It is a heritage temple built on a hillock during the time of the Peshwa dynasty.
Shivneri Fort: Shivneri Fort is the birthplace of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj located near Junnar in Pune district. It is a 15th century fort built over Shivneri hill. Shivneri Fort is a major tourist attraction in Pune city.
Things to do in Pune
You can enjoy many fun & interesting things in Pune-
- Do not miss the light & sound show at the Shaniwar Wada in the evening hours.
- At the Aga Khan Palace you can get to know some interesting revelations about the time of the Indian freedom movement.
- Visit the Dagdusheth Halwai Temple and seek blessings of lord Ganesha.
- Go shopping at Tulsi Baug and buy branded clothes & accessories at a very reasonable price.
- Visit the National War Museum and pay tribute to the Indian soldiers who lost their lives in the Kargil war.
Plan Your Trip to Pune
If you are planning a trip to Pune, try to stay there for at least a week to explore the city and its surroundings more efficiently. To reach Pune, you can take advantage of the numerous flight options, such as the Delhi to Pune flights and don’t forget to avail the best discounts on airfares.
This article covers all the important details that can help you in planning a weekend getaway near Pune city. Pune has something to offer for every kind of traveler, whether you are a couple, history enthusiast, nature lover, or adventure seeker, Pune and its surrounding areas cater to diverse tastes and preferences.
So, why wait more? Just plan your itinerary, pack your bags, and set out for a day filled with unforgettable moments in this beautiful city of Pune.