An IAS officer plays a key role in running the administrative machinery of our country. These bureaucrats have the responsibility of serving the state government according to their deputation as well as the Indian government on the whole.
These exams are conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC) for recruitment in Indian civil services. These are the toughest and most competitive exams; one who has decided to appear for these exams has to work a lot harder and smarter. The first thing one does after picking this career is to search the best IAS coaching in Chandigarh.
Here some effective points are enumerated that may guide you while choosing an IAS coaching in Chandigarh.
- Talk to the pass outs: you must talk to an individual near you who has just cracked these exams, they can guide you the best about how to clear these exams at the first attempt and also can suggest you some good coaching institutes in the city. Their experience will guide you with the primary steps to be taken on this path.
- Make a checklist: Based on discussions and with the help of Google prepare a list of the institutes in the city. This list will enable you to compare the institute on all the domains and then choose the best one aptly. This list can be prepared by tracking the records of the toppers of the city and also by discussing with the experienced and knowledgeable Friends.
- Give them a visit: one must personally go and visit the institutes shortlisted by you. Observe the environment and the spirit of competition among the existing students. Also, observe the tutor’s teaching method. See the infrastructure facilities available. The institute must be near your residence so that you can save the time spent in travel. The proximity of the institute matters a lot and is very beneficial as well.
- Online studies: The institutes provide face to face classes as a routine task. They should also provide online lectures to the students who are unable to attend the class. On the other hand, it should conduct online mock tests before exams to assess the preparation of the candidates. Online lectures help the student living in remote areas and villages to study and fulfil their career objective too.
- Know the faculty: IAS is one of the toughest exams in India. Thus, the lecturers must be highly skilled and should have a huge experience in teaching. They must be a person with great knowledge and dignity so that they can guide the candidates to pass out the Civil service exam with flying colours. Also, the teachers inculcate moral values in the students so that they become trustworthy and efficient bureaucrats of Indian society. Our administrative machinery and government need morale and dedicated officers.
- The fees structure: The first thing that comes to the mind of a commoner is the fees structure. Compare the fees structure of the institutes in the city. Access them and compare based on additional services offered, study materials are given, discount offers provided and yearly package details, infrastructure and the nearness of the institute from your home. Though the fees structure comparisons help in negotiations with the institute you have chosen.
- Self-assessment procedures: The institute must provide you with mock test facilities so that one can self evaluate himself before the exams and prepare accordingly. It also motivates the students a lot by reducing exam pressure and thus reduces the nervousness amongst the students.
- Study material: The study material must be updated with the latest curriculum and guidelines mentioned by the UPSC. They must be self-explanatory and easy to understand by the students. Compare the material and notes provided by various institutes wisely.
Many options are available in the city and all the institutes try to give their best service to the students. Depending on the above tips one can wisely identify the best institute for IAS coaching in Chandigarh.