Within the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Vaishno Devi Temple adorning the Trikuta Mountains is a famous pilgrimage option amongst Indians. Attracting devotees from all over the nation and abroad, the number of devotees is increasing on a year on year basis, reaching a figure of 85.87 lakh in the year 2018.
Situated at an altitude of 5,200 feet, this makes for a breath-taking pilgrimage option. However, unwanted situations are inevitable and can disturb your pilgrimage. Acquiring a Vaishno Devi pilgrim insurance policy beforehand can keep you financially protected against the unwanted circumstances.
Facts to know about a Vaishno Devi yatra
- Ardh Kuwari Cave is famous for its religious significance, and devotees need to go prone through the cave to reach the shrine and its inner sanctum. The cave is a must-visit on the yatra, located midway in the old route reaching to Bhawan.
- An illuminated Aarti is performed by priests in Bhawan before sunrise and after sunset to worship the goddess. Devotees are not allowed to pay their homage to the holy deity during this time.
- Visit the original cave to explore the religious and spiritual importance it has to offer.
The yatra can be crowded and infamous for small mishaps. Roughly 1 out of 5 individuals misplace cards, wallets on the trip. Although less in comparisons, individuals are often taken sick and may create a situation of medical emergency. Therefore, candidates can buy a Vaishno Devi temple pilgrimage cover prior to visiting Vaishno Devi to avail financial aid in case an unfortunate situation arises.
Moreover, devotees need to be prepared for the nearly 12 km trek starting from the base camp located in Katra. Acquiring an insurance cover for Vaishno Devi pilgrims beforehand can add to reduce the stress for the journey as you don’t have to constantly worry about the unwelcomed hassles in case your essential items are somehow misplaced.
Related Article: Top 5 Hidden Tourist Places in Jammu and Kashmir
Best time for the visit
Even though the temple is open throughout the year, devotees can expect a comfortable trek between March and October in pleasant weather. Pilgrims can visit the holy place in winters as well for a more charming view, but the trek can be difficult. Therefore, being prepared against any mishap can be a wise idea. Travellers can purchase a Vaishno Devi Pilgrimage Cover offered by Bajaj Finserv under Pocket Insurance & Subscriptions to prepare against the financial loss incurred.
Furthermore, individuals must know how to claim Vaishno Devi pilgrim insurance plans so that they can avail the coverage as per the policy at their hour of need. Leading financial institutions and NBFCs let you claim such insurance policies very easily just by making the call on a toll-free number or emailing to the provided mail ID.
Besides, individuals having other pilgrimage destinations in their mind can avail a pilgrimage insurance policy. These policies can ensure that an individual is able to avail immediate financial assistance at an unknown destination in case of an unfortunate situation. A pilgrimage cover can help keep you financially protected against the possible threats that one may have to come across while travelling to such altitudes.
You can also avail a trek cover as an insurance coverage for a high altitude tourist destination. Individuals can benefit from features like medical assistance, card replacement, block cards, etc. with this policy.
Additional tips for a joyful pilgrimage
- Waiting time for visiting the shrine during peak times can stretch from 12 hours up to 24 hours. Individuals planning to start their pilgrimage may first check the number of visitors during that time from the official website of the shrine board.
- Carry woollen clothes as per the weather you are planning to visit and wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Travellers can find blanket stores, medical stores, postal services, etc. at Bhavan so that they can avail the necessary assistance while en route to their destination.
Devotees willing for a joyful pilgrimage should make sure that their travel isn’t interrupted even if there is an unwanted situation. Therefore, acquiring a domestic travel insurance plan is of utmost importance for the necessary financial security against untoward situations which can happen on the trip. Make your Vaishno Devi yatra an experience worth a lifetime with the assurance of comprehensive insurance coverage.